These are the checklists related to Nomad Basics.
Dig into additional tasks for more detailed information.
When you click on the task, you can also see the tags that task is filed under. You can also click on the tag to see other tasks with that tag.
- Read "What is Nomad?"
- Read "Nomad on $10 Per Hour"
Read "Nomad on $10 Per Hour" blog post:
Mark this done when complete.
- Class Watch "Get Your First Deal Done" Recording of Live Class
- Class Watch "Buying Process Overview for Nomads" Recording of Live Class
- Class Watch "Financing Nomad 101" Recording of Live Class
Watch the recording of the live presentation of "Financing Nomad 101" available on:
This class covers the different types of financing available and which ones we consider for Nomad. It goes into detail on Down Payments and much more.
- Class Watch "Analyzing a Deal with Brian's Spreadsheet" Recording of Live Class
Watch the recording of the live presentation of "Analyzing a Deal with Brian's Spreadsheet" available on:
- Class Watch "Looking at Houses" Recording of Live Class
- Class Watch "How to Get Down Payment for Nomad" Recording of Live Class
- Review "Looking at Houses" Recording of Live Class
- Discuss tips for Showings with your Real Estate Broker
Discuss the following tips for when you go on Showings with your Real Estate Broker:
- Wear easy to remove shoes
- WARNING: Sellers can easily record audio (and video) of you while inside their home... don't say anything inside the home that you wouldn't say right in front of the Seller. This is especially true of offer price and strategy.
- Arrive 5 minutes early. Some Showing windows are very strict time ranges.
- There may be others present at the Showing.
- If Tenants are present, we typically will ask them questions about the property.
- Drive/walk around the neighborhood especially if you're interested in the property.
- Consider using the +/- system to make property notes.
- IF CONSIDERING MAKING AN OFFER: Consider the following and discuss with your Real Estate Broker
Discuss the following with your Real Estate Broker when you you're out on a Showing and considering making an offer:
- Meet the neighbors... tell them you're considering making an offer on the property and ask them how they like the neighborhood.
- What appliances are included? Which are excluded?
- What school district is this in?
- Is the AC included? What type of heat is used in the property?
- Where is the water disconnect located?
- What is the age and likely need to replace or update the major, expensive items like:
furnance, AC, roof, carpet, paint, hot water heater. You'll also check these during inspection.
- Where are the property lines?
- Is there adequate parking? Is it owned? Is there adequate garage spaces? Is it owned?
- What does the HOA cost? What is included?
- Is there anything from the current "Seller's Property Disclosure"?
- Is there anything from previous "Seller's Property Disclosure" from past sales?
- Where is the sewer cleanout?
- Are there smoke/CO detectors within 15 feet of each bedroom doorway?
- Does the house already have a radon mitigation system? Is it passive or active?
- Will you be having a property inspection (it is recommended)? Will you be testing for radon? Mold? Meth? Termiates? Sewer scope?
- If this is a condo, is it a warrantable or non-warrantable condo?
- What are the secret broker comments on the "MLS Sheet"?
- What due diligence documents are you going to want to see?
- Are there any additional documents provided by the Seller's agent in the MLS?
- Class Watch "Nomad 101" Recording of Live Class
- Class Watch "Closing Real Estate Deals" Recording of Live Class
- Read "Catch Up For Retirement Nomad Overview"
Read the "Catch Up For Retirement Nomad Overview" blog post on
- Read "Nomad with Lease Option Exit Book" for your city
- Read "Legacy Nomad Overview"
Read the "Legacy Nomad Overview" blog post on
- Read "Young Nomad Overview"
Read the "Young Nomad Overview" blog post on
- Class Watch "How to Acquire a Multi-Million Dollar Real Estate Portfolio with just $3,000" Recording of Live Class
- Class Watch "Little Down Nomad Overview" Recording of Live Class
- Read "Save For College Nomad Overview"
- Check out the local Nomad Investor Club meetup near you
Check to see if we have local Nomad Investor Club meetups near you to connect with other local Nomads, real estate agents, lenders and other dream team members:
- Review Nomad Class Schedule for upcoming classes near you
Take a moment to look at the Nomad Class Schedule to see the live classes we have coming up near you.
You can also get links to previously recorded classes.