These are the checklists related to Showings: Looking at Houses.
These are the tasks related to showings and specifically the tasks associated with looking at houses.
When you click on the task, you can also see the tags that task is filed under. You can also click on the tag to see other tasks with that tag.
- Complete "Showings: Looking at Houses" checklist
- Review "Looking at Houses" Recording of Live Class
- Discuss tips for Showings with your Real Estate Broker
Discuss the following tips for when you go on Showings with your Real Estate Broker:
- Wear easy to remove shoes
- WARNING: Sellers can easily record audio (and video) of you while inside their home... don't say anything inside the home that you wouldn't say right in front of the Seller. This is especially true of offer price and strategy.
- Arrive 5 minutes early. Some Showing windows are very strict time ranges.
- There may be others present at the Showing.
- If Tenants are present, we typically will ask them questions about the property.
- Drive/walk around the neighborhood especially if you're interested in the property.
- Consider using the +/- system to make property notes.
- IF CONSIDERING MAKING AN OFFER: Consider the following and discuss with your Real Estate Broker
Discuss the following with your Real Estate Broker when you you're out on a Showing and considering making an offer:
- Meet the neighbors... tell them you're considering making an offer on the property and ask them how they like the neighborhood.
- What appliances are included? Which are excluded?
- What school district is this in?
- Is the AC included? What type of heat is used in the property?
- Where is the water disconnect located?
- What is the age and likely need to replace or update the major, expensive items like:
furnance, AC, roof, carpet, paint, hot water heater. You'll also check these during inspection.
- Where are the property lines?
- Is there adequate parking? Is it owned? Is there adequate garage spaces? Is it owned?
- What does the HOA cost? What is included?
- Is there anything from the current "Seller's Property Disclosure"?
- Is there anything from previous "Seller's Property Disclosure" from past sales?
- Where is the sewer cleanout?
- Are there smoke/CO detectors within 15 feet of each bedroom doorway?
- Does the house already have a radon mitigation system? Is it passive or active?
- Will you be having a property inspection (it is recommended)? Will you be testing for radon? Mold? Meth? Termiates? Sewer scope?
- If this is a condo, is it a warrantable or non-warrantable condo?
- What are the secret broker comments on the "MLS Sheet"?
- What due diligence documents are you going to want to see?
- Are there any additional documents provided by the Seller's agent in the MLS?