Your Real Estate Goals is all about helping your real estate agent understand what your real estate goals are and having them suggest some possible solutions for achieving those goals. It is the third step in the First Meeting with your real estate agent process.
We usually take some time to do as Stephen Covey suggests and “begin with the end in mind”. That means looking at what are goals are in early in the process. We typically suggest you look at your goals in Week 1 of the Ultimate Nomad Checklist™.
The Your Real Estate Goals process is shown below.
- Usually discuss what you’re committed to achieving
- Owner occupant
- House Hacking
- Fix and Flip
- Creative Transactions and other off MLS deals
- Model Nomad™ with calculator and on-going discussions
- Long term relationships with Nomads™
- Clients can schedule a time with me to discuss their personal goals
A suggestion might be: Purchase a Nomad property that will ultimately be a rental in the next 3 months.
A suggestion might be: Purchase an owner-occupant property that I will move into within the next 3 months.
A suggestion might be: Purchase an investment rental property (without a partner) in the next 3 months.
A suggestion might be: Purchase an investment rental property with a partner in the next 3 months.
Some common discussion points include:
- What you're committed to achieving (not just wishing you could achieve)
- Finding an owner occupant property
- Finding a Nomad property
- Nomad investing plan to acquire rentals and/or catch up for retirement
- Finding a buy and hold property
- Finding a properties where you can put a Lease-Option Tenant-Buyer in it
- Finding a fix and flip property
- Finding creative off-market transactions
- Model Nomad with calculator and on-going discussions
- Clients can schedule a time with me to discuss their personal goals regularly
Mark this task as complete when you've discussed your goals with your Real Estate Broker.
Reference the following resources for more information:
You'll be reviewing your "Future Narrative" weekly.
Mark this task as complete once you've created your own "Future Narrative".
So, take a moment to schedule out on your calendar when you'll actually do the tasks for this week on your calendar. Make an appointment with yourself to do them. If you need to reschedule one, reschedule it (don't delete it).
ASAPFirst Meeting: Your Real Estate GoalsUltimate Nomad ChecklistWeek 1Week 10Week 11Week 12Week 13Week 14Week 15Week 16Week 17Week 18Week 19Week 2Week 20Week 21Week 22Week 23Week 24Week 25Week 26Week 27Week 28Week 29Week 3Week 30Week 31Week 32Week 33Week 34Week 35Week 36Week 37Week 38Week 39Week 4Week 40Week 41Week 42Week 43Week 44Week 45Week 46Week 47Week 48Week 49Week 5Week 50Week 51Week 52Week 53Week 54Week 6Week 7Week 8Week 9
Once you've gone over these, you can move on to discussing your Financing plan.
The following are improvements I plan to make to this page based on some of my Standard Process Improvement Questions.
- Add some of the content from the goal setting class here as resources for goal setting for Nomads.
- Add the World's Greatest Goal Setting class to this website instead of just JamesOrr.com.
- Consider creating a “Future Narrative” checklist page to LTBR with detailed instructions on how to do the Nomad version. At the end link to the Ultimate Nomad Checklist.
- Sponsor Read "Facebook Ads for Real Estate Agent and Lender Sponsors"
- Sponsor Read "100 Ways to Get a Nomad Client in the Next 12 Months"
- Sponsor Read "Prepare for Investor Meeting Checklist"
Read the "Prepare for Investor Meeting Checklist" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "At Investor Meeting Checklist"
Read the "At Investor Meeting Checklist" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "Before for Real Estate Agents"
Read the "Before for Real Estate Agents" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "During for Real Estate Agents"
Read the "During for Real Estate Agents" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "After for Real Estate Agents"
Read the "After for Real Estate Agents" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "Lease Option Ad for Property Listed in MLS for Clients"
- Sponsor Read "Standard Process Improvement Questions"
Read the "Standard Process Improvement Questions" blog post on
IMPORTANT NOTE: This checklist is based on what I personally use with clients in Northern Colorado. Please rely on your local real estate agent for how it works in your local real estate market. This process will definitely vary in different States.