If you’re interested in learning about the best real estate investing strategy ever invented, then you’ve come to the right place. Learn more about the Nomad™ investing strategy, and explore all its benefits with the Real Estate Financial Planner™ today!
How Does Nomad™ Investing Work?
- Buy a property as an owner-occupant
- Move in and live there for at least a year (to satisfy the lender occupancy requirement)
- Buy a new owner-occupant property and move into the new property
- Convert the previous property to a rental
Of course, there are lots of variations and details. Here, we’ll go into the details and help you understand the significant benefits and the annoying – but manageable – downsides of the plan.
Why should you choose to be a Nomad™? Who should be a Nomad™? What are the pros and cons? Dive into our Nomad™ 101 class with James today to learn more.
House Hacking versus Nomad™
What is “house hacking“? How does it compare to Nomad™, and why would you choose one over the other? Get insight into these overlapping real estate investment strategies in this two-hour class.
Acquiring a 10 Property Portfolio
If you’d like to see how using the Nomad™ strategy would work while acquiring 10 rental properties, check out part one or watch part two of this three-part series on using Nomad™ to buy 10 rentals.
In the video, I mention that you can copy the Scenario to your own Real Estate Financial Planner™ software account. Use the button below to add it to your account, and then modify the assumptions to see how it changes for your specific, personal situation.Copy Scenario into my Real Estate Financial Planner™ Software
10 5% DP Nomad Properties with 2 Accounts, 1 Property, 2 Rules,
Or, read the detailed, computer-generated, narrated
See what happens when you combine Nomad and House Hacking strategies in part three of the series about buying 10 rental properties.
Use the following button to copy this Nomad™ and house hacking strategy to your Real Estate Financial Planner™ software account.Copy Scenario into my Real Estate Financial Planner™ Software
10 5% DP Nomad Properties House Hacking with 2 Roommates with 2 Accounts, 1 Property, 3 Rules,
Or, read the detailed, computer-generated, narrated
I've written several books on the Nomad™ investing strategy.
The original Nomad™ book goes over the five different types of Nomads™. It is the book I often give away as a free gift when people attend our local real estate investor meetings for the first time. If you happen to be in Northern Colorado, you can RSVP and attend a local investor meeting of the Northern Colorado Real Estate Investor Group to get a copy.
The original Nomad™ book is a book that goes over the 5 different types of Nomads™. It is the book I often give away as a free gift when people attend our local real estate investor meetings for the first time. If you happen to be in Northern Colorado, you can RSVP and attend a local investor meeting of the Northern Colorado Real Estate Investor Group to get a copy.
In this book, I walk you through how to use a variation of the Nomad™ strategy with lease-options to all but eliminate your need for down payments. I consider this an aggressive strategy. I gave this book away as a Christmas gift to my local investor clients in 2016.
How to Acquire a Multi-Million Dollar Real Estate Portfolio Earning Just $5,000 Per Month
In this book, I walk you through doing the entire Nomad™ strategy with you and your spouse earning a combined $5,000 per month — that’s $15 per hour working 40 hours a week or $10 per hour working 60 hours per week. This is a very basic Nomad™ strategy and what I would consider an easy-to-implement strategy.
This checklist is the 440-page printed version of the checklists for Nomads buying properties. I gave this book away as a Christmas gift to my local investor clients in 2017.
Last but not least: the book I wrote for my then 21-year-old son. This book is amazing, and it is not just me saying so. It is unlike any book you’ve ever read before. You can download a full, unabridged version of this 240-page page-turner by using the link above.
Want to learn more? We have plenty of resources for you to explore.
- 9 Nastiest Nomad™ Mistakes
- An Intro to Financial Independence Retire Early - 2018 Edition
- Buy 10 Properties - REFP Demo
- Cash Flow Versus Appreciation
- Catch Up Nomad™ - Nomad™ 2017 Edition
- Catch Up Nomad™ - Nomad™ Investor Club Edition
- College Nomad Overview – Nomad™ Investor Club Edition
- College Nomad™ Overview - 2017 Edition
- College Nomad™ Overview - Nomad™ 2017 Edition
- Converting Your Owner-Occupant Property To A Rental - 2020 Edition
- Financing Nomad 101 – Nomad™ Investor Club Edition
- Financing Nomad™ 101 - Nomad™ 2017 Edition
- Finding Amazing Real Estate Investor Deals
- Finding Properties for Nomads - Nomad™ 2017 Edition
- Finding Properties for Nomads™ – Nomad™ Investor Club Edition
- Fixer Upper Nomad Overview – Nomad™ Investor Club Edition
- Fixer Upper Nomad™ Overview - Nomad™ 2017 Edition
- Get Your First Deal Done - Nomad™ 2017 Edition
Getting Started with Real Estate Investing Resources
I consider the Nomad™ strategy a beginner strategy because anyone can use it. Here are a few other resources to help you get started:
- Closing Real Estate Deals - 2020 Edition
- Closing Real Estate Deals - Nomad™ 2017 Edition
- Contract to Buy and Sell Real Estate in Detail
- Establishing Your Buying Criteria Workshop
- Get Your First Deal Done - 2017 Edition
- Getting Your First Deal Done - 2016 Edition
- How to Get Your First Deal Done - 2019 Update
- How to Get Your Next Deal Done After Coronavirus
- How to Select a Real Estate Agent
- The Ultimate Guide to Earnest Money