Real estate investing—like anything in life—is not without risk. However, we can mitigate or eliminate many of the risks with the proper use of insurance.
In this class you'll learn:
- Why it is critically important to develop a strong your insurance agent and truly understand your coverage
- Understanding what risks are insured and to what extent and what risks you are self-insuring and at what the likely extent of your exposure is
- Why it is critically important to limit making insurance claims close to your deductible amount and how that impacts selecting your deductibles to begin with
- Why maximizing your liability coverage on your properties and autos may be the most important thing you do regarding your insurance
- What an umbrella policy is and why or why not get one
- How to compare premium/deductible especially during deal analysis and property acquisition
- What extra coverages are available and which may be worthwhile (like sewer backup, loss assessment coverage, etc)
- What's the difference between replacement versus actual cash value and why you should care... a lot
- The importance of requiring renter policies from your tenants, what it covers and how
- Plus, much much more...
Duration: 1 hour and 47 minutes
Recorded: March 17, 2021
Instructor: James Orr with the help of special guest and insurance broker, Brian Armstrong