Copy this new Scenario to your Real Estate Financial Planner™ software:
SS 002 Investing $100,000 in Stocks at 8.97%/yr and Earning and Spending $5,000/mo
You have a stock market account that has $100,000 invested at the start. It is earning 8.97% per year fixed and that does not change. You are earning $5,000 per month with an effective tax rate of 18.84% and you are spending every penny of your earnings and not saving anything at all.
The Scenario you want to copy into your Real Estate Financial Planner™ software has the following:
- 2 Accounts (including
Default Cash Account)
- 0 Properties
- 1 Rules
Once it is in your account, you can view detailed Charts for dozens of variables and edit any of the assumptions for Accounts, Properties, and Rules to run your own what-if Scenarios.
You can change things like:
- Adjust how much money you start with in any Account
- Model variable stock, bond and real estate rates of returns
- Change how many Properties you buy and when you buy them
- Set your own personalized target monhtly income in retirement to indicate when you reach financial independence
- Model receiving social security payments when you reach a certain age
- See what happens if there is a market crash or correction for your stocks, bonds and/or your real estate
- Tweak price and rent appreciation rates for individual Properties or all your Properties
- Find out what happens if you pay off your mortgages early... with cash flow each month or only when you have enough to pay off the Property in full
- Use equity in
Propertiesyou own to cash-out refinance and buy more Propertiesor invest it elsewhere
- Model buying more Properties than you need then selling off any extras to pay off the remaining Properties to achieve your own user-defined financial independence number
- Evaluate your own safe withdrawal rate and see how it impacts your investment plan
- And much, much more...
- Modeled for 720 months (60 years)
- 18.84% effective income tax rate
- 3% inflation rate
- 4.875% mortgage interest rate
- 4% yearly safe withdrawal rate (SWR)
- $5,000 minimum target monthly income in retirement (MTMIR) in today's dollars
- $20,000 ideal target monthly income in retirement (ITMIR) in today's dollars
Summary of assumptions for the Account in this Scenario.
- Account Name: $100,000 Invested in VTSMX at 8.97%/year
- $100,000 starting account balance
- 8.97% yearly rate of return (at start)
- Asset Type: Stocks
This scenario has no Properties.
These are the Rules included with this Scenario.
Paycheck and Personal Expenses
Ruleruns for the entire Scenario.
- Depositing both your paycheck and pulling expenses out of the same $100,000 Invested in VTSMX at 8.97%/year.
- Both paycheck and personal expenses will be Inflation Adjusted.
- Gross paycheck is $5,000 Inflation Adjusted.
- Assuming a tax rate of 18.84% on your paycheck.
- Net paycheck (after taxes) is $4,058 Inflation Adjusted per month.
- The paycheck will stop when they reach "Financial Independence" (goal of Minimum Target Monthly Income in Retirement achieved).
- Personal expenses are $4,058 Inflation Adjusted per month.
These are the
- Month 579 Achieved Financial Independence Goal