Writing Offer is all about writing an offer to buy a home. It is the fourth step in the Buying Process Overview.
The Writing Offer process is shown visually below.
The Writing Offer stage consists of the following steps with brief explanations of what is included in each step:
- Pre-Offer Due Diligence – Verifying facts about the property and your situation before making an offer.
- Strategize – Discuss a strategy and plan the offer with your agent.
- Info Required – Provide the information your agent needs to write up and present the offer.
- Draft Offer – The real estate agent drafts up the offer for the Buyer to review.
- Review Offer – The Buyer reviews the draft of the offer, asks for clarifying questions and thoroughly understands the offer prior to signing.
- Sign Offer – Once the Buyer understands the offer and has all their question answered, the real estate agent prepares the offer for signatures.
- Present Offer – Once the Buyer has signed the offer, the real estate agent presents the offer to the Seller and the Seller's agent.
- Negotiate Offer – Not all offers are accepted. Many are countered or rejected and additional negotiation must occur.
Making Offers Classes
- 10 Tips to Get Offers Accepted in Hot Markets
- Low-ball Offer Case Studies - Nomad™ 2017 Edition
- Making Strong Offers That Get Accepted - Nomad™ 2017 Edition
- Making Strong Offers That Get Accepted – Nomad™ Investor Club Edition
- The Ultimate Guide to Earnest Money
- Wait! Before You Make That Offer...
IMPORTANT NOTE: This checklist is based on what I personally use with clients in Northern Colorado. Please rely on your local real estate agent for how it works in your local real estate market. This process will definitely vary in different States.