- Contact tenant 30 days out
- Contact tenant 15 days out
- Contact tenant week of
Confirm they will be out on time. Remind them what happens if they do not vacate the premises on time.
Go over your terms with any new tenants so if this scenario happens they will not be blind-sided.
This will be the address you mail the remainder of their security/damage deposit to.
You may also consider pro-rating the rent for the days they were inconvenienced or making some other arrangement to smooth things over with them.
Additional Challenging Tenant Scenarios
Have another tenant challenge? Check out these other checklists.
- Tenant Scenario: Black Mold
- Tenant Scenario: City Ordinance Violation
- Tenant Scenario: Death of Tenant
- Tenant Scenario: Not Maintaining the Property
- Tenant Scenario: One Roommate Didn’t Pay Rent
- Tenant Scenario: Rent Check Bounced
- Tenant Scenario: Rent Not Paid by Due Date
- Tenant Scenario: Rent Still Not Paid by the 5th
More posts: Tenant Scenario