If you’re interested in being a guest on the Serving Real Estate Investors podcast… first, THANK YOU! …we’re happy, excited and glad you’re here! There wouldn’t be a podcast without guests like you.
Plus… there is some kinda, sorta… really… some important stuff for you below to read. 🙂
Once you’re done reading the important schtuff below, there is a BIG BLUE BUTTON for you to schedule a little one-on-one time with me (which will probably be one-on-one time with the Serving Real Estate Investors podcast listener community).
So, read on… my real estate investor serving friend… read on…
You Gotta Sorta Agree To These Crazy Things To Be On The Podcast As A Guest… Them Be The Rules!
Hey… (actually hay is for horses but enough of that silliness for now)… please do read the following “dotted” items… they be important.
If you can agree that they be OK, we’re some MAJOR STEPS closer to having you on the podcast. If you can’t agree to all of them… what is wrong with you? No seriously… if you can’t agree… why can’t you agree? These are things we need you to agree to before we can unleash you on the public as a guest on the Serving Real Estate Investors.
Here be the “dotted” items.
- Since this is… kind of… a podcast about SERVING real estate investors… you gotta, sorta have something valuable to share with your peers who are looking to add value to real estate investors, you know? Not something valuable FOR YOU… something valuable FOR THEM… the real estate agents, lenders, accountants, financial advisors, etc that work with real estate investors as clients.
- You need the tech, Bill Gates! If you ain’t got a computer with a screen that we can record our chat for the podcast, it is really going to be hard to have you on the podcast.
- You won’t need to worry about paying for the service that will allow us to record your screen… we will take care of that (screen sharing/meeting software). Chillax, brah, we got that for us.
- Sucky audio on a podcast is just… well… sucky. If peeps can’t hear you or the audio quality is horrible, that’s not good for the listeners. If it ain’t good for the listeners, they’ll be voting no to having you as a guest. So, to have goody good audio, you probably should have a microphone. Or, at a minimum… something like your headphones from your iPhone with a microphone. We can have you either call into a telephone number for your audio on the recorded screen share… so you can use your headphones with a microphone with your phone. Or, if you got a headset you can use with your computer… the screen share/recording service will do that as well. No matter how we slice it, you got to have a way to get clean audio.
- Speaking of clean audio… you need to be able to have a distraction, noise free time when you schedule the recording. I strongly *like* little kids and love the pets and animals, but if they’re going to be loud for the recording, we should probably not schedule a recording with loud stuff in the background. Pick another day/time where it will be quiet.
- And while we’re on the clean theme… since we are going to be recording your screen… make sure you “put away” all your sensitive or private or confidential or adult-only stuff on your computer before you get on to screen share. I don’t want to see your bank account info, photos of your gigolo or mistress (or worse), plans to take over the world, secret messages to the aliens abducting your local livestock, etc. I prefer to live in a constant state of blissful denial about such things and I’m not good at editing such things out after the recording.
- Captain obvious here, but if you want to be a guest on the podcast, we got to record it. So, we do intend to record it. Also, to be on the podcast you got to give us the rights to publish the episode on the podcast and market the crap out of it if we get off our lazy heinies and do such things. If we can’t publish it and market it, please don’t book it. That would make my cute dog, Echo, sad.
- We don’t do “live without a net”. I’d clam up and get too nervous. So, we record all the episodes and then publish them after, so nothing is broadcast live.
- Don’t say crazy stuff. I have a friend—you know who you are—that likes to try to shock me by saying crazy stuff. We only need one friend like that in our lives… and, as I mentioned, I already got one. Keep it professional… keep it pure.
- If I suck… or if something ain’t amazing from the recording… we do reserve the right to just forget about the recording (like eighth-grade Prom night) and not publish it. Our choice and for our own reasons.
- Ain’t no direct money in this for me or for you. I won’t be getting a paycheck for recording this with you. Neither will you. Who knows… you may become famous from being on the podcast and that money’s all yours, but we won’t be paying you to be on the podcast, or when others listen to the podcast or anything like that.
You’re Amazing and People Deserve to Know It
You’re amazing. I know it. You know it. People listening to the podcast should know it.
You should get some promotional benefit from being on the podcast as guest. However, this ain’t no hour-long 2 AM infomercial about face cream. You want to mention what your biz-nass is… OK. If you start repeating yourself repeatedly over-and-over… those be fighting words. Don’t be doing that Boo!
I pledge allegiance to the LISTENERS. Without them, this podcast ain’t nothing.
You’re amazing. You’re awesome. Let people know about it… once. We can put a little something something on how peeps can contact you, find you, check out your amazingness in the show notes as well. I’m more absent-minded professor than elephant, so just remind me to put your URL and contact info in the show notes after the recording.
Do I Keep Repeating Myself?
Is there an echo, echo, echo, echo, echo in here?
You may hear these questions repeatedly across episodes and guests on this podcast.
A Boy Scout (“Be Prepared”), might think about how they might answer these questions… BEFORE… we do the recording. It is not easy to go back with that amazing reply (“ahhh… I should have said this or that”) once the recording is done.
So, you may or may not hear these questions:
- What is your name and where are you from (city)? You are not required to reveal your last name… although many guests do reveal their last names.
- How do you serve real estate investors (agent, lender, accountant, specific advisor, etc)?
- What do you do that is unique?
- What do you do that adds value to your real estate investor clients?
- What is working for you for finding new real estate investors as clients?
- Save your peers time and money… What have you tried that did not work? What might you try different if you did it again?
“If you talk about it, it’s a dream, if you envision it, it’s possible, but if you schedule it, it’s real.”
You been talking about getting on that amazing city-specific Real Estate Financial Planning podcast. Dream engaged… Check.
You’ve been envisioning the smart, wise, entertaining things you’d say about real estate investing. The adoration of your real estate investing peers made possible… check.
Now… schedule that poop and get it done. Use the button below.
You Got “Q”s, I May Have “A”s
If you got questions, I maybe… just might… have answers. It may not be the right answers, but when did that ever stop me before, right?!
Drop me that electronic mail or a comment below if you got “Q”s for my “A”s… [email protected].
Want to get a peek behind the scenes at what is going on with our business and the types of collaborations I’m looking to do? Watch this long video (or check out the audio version on the podcast).