Prices have been going up faster than you can acquire properties... should you wait for a dip before buying more properties? There's a lot to consider and unpack and that's what we do in this class.
In this class you'll learn:
- The secret to comedy (and real estate investing?)...
- FACT: If you buy at relative lows, you perform better
- Insight into historical S&P 500 sell offs
- How do house prices and stock prices historically perform relative to each other? A chart.
- Do house prices historically appreciate during recessions? A shocking discovery.
- James on Roulette, technical analysis and fundamental analysis and how this applies to predicting the future with real estate
- If you do wait for a dip: what triggers you to buy in? How much do you buy in with your trigger? Some interesting considerations for implementing the buy on a dip strategy.
- What do some of the richest and most successful investors in the world have to say about timing markets?
- What does history say about those that have successfully timed the market?
- A medium-depth dive into real estate market cycles including visuals
- Historical data on the frequency and duration of real estate market cycles
- Some interesting insight into real estate value from a home builder's perspective (with some historical data)
- Where do you keep your money while waiting for a dip? And a discussion of the risks associated with that.
- The surprising significant impact of interest rate on waiting for a price dip
- Some eye-opening and shocking historical insight into interest rates
- James' Return on Investment Quadrant™ on buying dips
- Historical cash-on-cash return on investment versus home price compounding annual growth rate
- The shocker: a chart showing Return on Investment from Debt Paydown
- If I have unlimited time to re-teach this class... here's what I'd include
- James models and compares a variety of "buying on dips" scenarios in the Real Estate Financial Planner™ software
- Plus much more...
Duration: 2 hours and 13 minutes
Recorded: March 25, 2020
Instructor: James Orr