In this special two hour and 13 minute class recording, James discusses the pros and cons of waiting for a dip in the real estate market to start your real estate investing. Brian also gives a brief update on COVID-19.
Topics covered include:
- COVID-19 update by Brian
- Recent S&P 500 activity
- Comparing house prices to stock prices
- Real estate market performance during recessions
- Fundamental versus technical analysis
- Quotes by successful investors about timing the market
- Real estate market cycles
- Home builder profit margins
- Where to keep your money while waiting to time the real estate market
- Interest rates – a chart based history
- The Return on Investment Quadrant™
- Bigger Pockets new data set
- The return on investment from debt paydown
- Modeling assumptions for the two groups of test cases
- Charts and insight into how waiting for a dip versus investing now performed for 25% down payment non-owner-occupant investing versus 5% Nomad™ investing
- Insight into some better, Monte Carlo modeling of a Nomad™ investing strategy and random market corrections
After teaching The Ultimate Guide to Market Corrections, I consider this class to be a good preview and complement to the more advanced modeling I did in that class.
This real estate investing seminar is just one of hundreds that I've taught since 2003. You can check out a list of classes that I've taught (and recorded) by year taught or view the classes by topic.