In this sample Scenario you are starting with $100,000 and just sticking it in a savings account that is earning 2% per year.
That’s it. Nothing more, nothing less.
I created it as part of the epic blog post I am creating on How to Invest $100K where I compare how to invest $100K in a variety of different investments.
Copy To Your Own Planner™
If you want to copy this Scenario to your own Planner™ you can use the button below to copy this Scenario to your own account.
From there, you can modify any of the assumptions or add additional complexity to you based on whatever you’re interested in testing for yourself.
Login to copy this Scenario. New? Register For FreeCopy Scenario into my Real Estate Financial Planner™ Software
SS 009 Investing $100,000 in Savings at 2%/yr with 2 Accounts, 0 Properties, and 0 Rules.
Or, read the detailed, computer-generated, narrated
Savings Account Balance
While there are over 100+ Charts are available for you to look at for this Scenario, there isn’t a much complexity to even consider. That means there are very few charts that will be interesting to analyze.
One Chart is the account balance. That chart is shown below.
Things For You To Test For Yourself
Similar to sample Scenario 1 where we invest $100K in stocks, this Scenario is largely a blank canvas for you to model more complex situations.
For example, you might want to:
- See how changing the Inflation Rate on the Scenario edit page impacts your inflation-adjusted Net Worth.
- Add a Paycheck and Personal Expenses rule to model your earning power, your expenses and your monthly savings. You can also use this same Rule to model things like social security that starts at some date in the future.
- See how changing the 2% Yearly Rate of Return on the $100,000 Invested in Savings at 2%/year account edit page impacts your Net Worth.
- Add a Rule to make the 2% Yearly Rate of Return on the $100,000 Invested in Savings at 2%/year account vary instead of having it be fixed. If you’re going to make the Yearly Rate of Return variable, you may want to run the Scenario multiple times to see the range of results or do a full Monte Carlo analysis and have the Real Estate Financial Planner™ software run the Scenario multiple times for you and summarize the results on one Chart.
- Add in Properties (which can be single family homes, duplexes, triplexes, fourplexes, apartments, commercial/industrial/retail buildings, and more).
- Set Goals like for a certain dollar Net Worth or when your safe withdrawal rate from your stock market account can cover your Target Monthly Income in Retirement and you’ve hit you’re user-defined financial independence number.
- Plus, much more…
Here are some of the other sample Scenarios that only have savings in case you want to look for other ones that are similar to this one.
More posts: Scenario With Only Savings
Scenarios with Fixed Rate of Return on Savings
Looking for other sample Scenarios that have fixed rates of return for savings? If so, check these out:
More posts: Scenario with Fixed Savings Rate of Return