Receive Property Lists is all about how you'll get the properties that are for sale and that come up for sale from your real estate agent. It is the fifth step in the First Meeting with your real estate agent process.
Typically, we recommend that you ask your real estate agent to set up automatic property search emails at the first meeting. You'd provide your real estate agent information about the properties you need and they'd set it up so you receive property notifications as those properties come up for sale in the MLS. This is typically done in Week 1 or Week 2 of the Ultimate Nomad Checklist™.
The Receive Property Lists process is shown below.
Mark this task as complete once you've learned about receiving properties via email and using MySite.
- Cities you'd be willing to invest in
- Minimum (and maybe maximum) number of bedrooms
- Garage or no garage
- Mobile homes? Condos? Townhomes? SFH? Multi-Family (2-4 units)? Commercial multi-family (5+ units)?
- Price? Minimum? Maximum?
Discuss with your Real Estate Broker if you have questions.
Mark this task complete once you know your acceptable property characteristics.
Mark this task complete once you have sent your criteria to your Real Estate Broker.
Websites like Zillow, Realtor, Trulia, Redfin, etc can have inaccurate or delayed data.
ColoProperty.com is the direct interface to our local MLS and so it is the most up-to-date website for checking property status, pricing, etc.
If you're going to use other websites, please check ColoProperty.com before emailing James about it to make sure the info from those other websites is correct.
Usually this means telling your Real Estate Broker:
- Cities you'd consider (or in some cases parts of specific cities)
- Attached, detached or both
- Minimum beds and bathrooms
- Price max (and maybe a price minimum)
- Garage requirements
- Any other requirements that Real Estate Broker can set up a search for
Mark this complete once your Real Estate Broker has started to send you automatic property search emails.
Once you've figured out which properties and how you'll receive them from your real estate agent, you can move on to discussing Analyzing Deals with your real estate agent.
The following are improvements I plan to make to this page based on some of my Standard Process Improvement Questions.
- Add resources about what goes into picking which properties should be included in the property search.
- Sponsor Read "Facebook Ads for Real Estate Agent and Lender Sponsors"
- Sponsor Read "100 Ways to Get a Nomad Client in the Next 12 Months"
- Sponsor Read "Prepare for Investor Meeting Checklist"
Read the "Prepare for Investor Meeting Checklist" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "At Investor Meeting Checklist"
Read the "At Investor Meeting Checklist" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "Before for Real Estate Agents"
Read the "Before for Real Estate Agents" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "During for Real Estate Agents"
Read the "During for Real Estate Agents" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "After for Real Estate Agents"
Read the "After for Real Estate Agents" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "Lease Option Ad for Property Listed in MLS for Clients"
- Sponsor Read "Standard Process Improvement Questions"
Read the "Standard Process Improvement Questions" blog post on
IMPORTANT NOTE: This checklist is based on what I personally use with clients in Northern Colorado. Please rely on your local real estate agent for how it works in your local real estate market. This process will definitely vary in different States.