The following is the checklist to be used primarily by Real Estate Agent and/or Lender Sponsors to get ready for an investor meeting. It is based on what I use as our checklist for preparing for our investor classes in Fort Collins.
- Make sure that there is a class on Meetup.
- Write description of class and make sure that it is updated on Meetup for that event.
- Post link to Meetup class on Facebook page for NCREIG
- Post link to Meetup class on Facebook page for Nomad
- Post link to Meetup class on Facebook page for James Orr Real Estate Services
- Post link to Meetup class on Facebook page for my personal account (and encourage other members of our team to do the same)
- Post link to Meetup class on CraigsList in classes section to get more people to attend classes
- Ask people to share the link to the class on their own Facebook streams on Facebook and to invite friends to attend
- Create Facebook ad for this meetup and run them up to the day of the meeting.
- Send email blast to all people on our MailChimp account
- Send email blast to all people on our Drip account
Bring With Me To Class
- Bring crate of supplies which includes:
- Name Tags – We use three different color “Hello! My Name Is _________________” name tag stickers for people. Each color means something different (and I should probably write an article on why we do that later)… red is for “Admins”, green is for Nomads, black is for everyone else. If we do not have a full spare roll, order more from eBay.
- At least 2 black Sharpie markers (for name tags). If we are below 3 that work great, order another box from Amazon or buy them at Sam’s Club.
- iPhone Adapter for audio out on iPhone to stereo mini-plug so we can plug my iPhone into the speaker to play music from Spotify playlist as people arrive.
- Laser pointer and PowerPoint clicker to be able to advance the slides while presenting.
- Pair of wireless lapel microphones and wireless microphone base so we can get a better quality audio recording.
- 1/4 inch plug to USB cord to plug wireless microphone base into computer to record audio from presentation.
- Replacement AAA batteries for PowerPoint clicker. If we’re down to 2 or less, order more from Amazon or buy them at Sam’s Club.
- Replacement AA batteries for wireless microphones. If we’re down to 4 or less, order more from Amazon or buy them at Sam’s Club.
- At least 10 copies of “Nomad” book to give away to new attendees. If I am down to less than 20 “Nomad” books total, order 30 more from CreateSpace since it takes weeks to actually receive them.
- Sign in sheets for new members.
- Print out of Meetup Attendance Sheet for checking people in.
- If applicable: Handouts for that night’s class.
- If applicable: extra copies of this month’s Newsletter to give out to guests and non-clients not already receiving it.
- At least 20 copies of the Class Feedback Form to get feedback from members.
- At least 3 Pens to check people in.
- USB Flash Drive with PowerPoint presentation on it and space to be able to save the recording to it from the computer when I’m done.
- James’ Business Cards in case people want one.
- Bring iPhone with Spotify playlist for meetings pre-downloaded to be able to play music while people arrive. Can also use iPhone to make a backup audio recording in case the primary recording fails.
- Computer to present class with PowerPoint and Camtasia Studio installed and a power cord. If we’re meeting at the Fort Collins Board of Realtors, we have a computer there we can use already that has both PowerPoint and Camtasia Studio installed.
The following are improvements I plan to make to this page based on some of my Standard Process Improvement Questions.
- Convert this checklist to the dynamic checklist system that we can mark off and keep track of the results.
- Add photos of what my crate looks like and what is inside it each week (separate photos of each item).
- Show examples and PDF downloads of my forms like the sign in sheets, Meetup attendance sheet, class feedback from, etc.
- Sponsor Read "Facebook Ads for Real Estate Agent and Lender Sponsors"
- Sponsor Read "100 Ways to Get a Nomad Client in the Next 12 Months"
- Sponsor Read "Prepare for Investor Meeting Checklist"
Read the "Prepare for Investor Meeting Checklist" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "At Investor Meeting Checklist"
Read the "At Investor Meeting Checklist" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "Before for Real Estate Agents"
Read the "Before for Real Estate Agents" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "During for Real Estate Agents"
Read the "During for Real Estate Agents" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "After for Real Estate Agents"
Read the "After for Real Estate Agents" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "Lease Option Ad for Property Listed in MLS for Clients"
- Sponsor Read "Standard Process Improvement Questions"
Read the "Standard Process Improvement Questions" blog post on
If you have any questions about it, please use the comments section below.