The following is the checklist to be used primarily by Real Estate Agent and/or Lender Sponsors to get ready for an investor meeting. It is based on what I use as our checklist for preparing for our investor classes in Fort Collins.
- Make sure that there is a class on Meetup.
- Write description of class and make sure that it is updated on Meetup for that event.
- Post link to Meetup class on Facebook page for NCREIG
- Post link to Meetup class on Facebook page for Nomad
- Post link to Meetup class on Facebook page for James Orr Real Estate Services
- Post link to Meetup class on Facebook page for my personal account (and encourage other members of our team to do the same)
- Post link to Meetup class on CraigsList in classes section to get more people to attend classes
- Ask people to share the link to the class on their own Facebook streams on Facebook and to invite friends to attend
- Create Facebook ad for this meetup and run them up to the day of the meeting.
- Send email blast to all people on our MailChimp account
- Send email blast to all people on our Drip account
Bring With Me To Class
- Bring crate of supplies which includes:
- Name Tags – We use three different color “Hello! My Name Is _________________” name tag stickers for people. Each color means something different (and I should probably write an article on why we do that later)… red is for “Admins”, green is for Nomads, black is for everyone else. If we do not have a full spare roll, order more from eBay.
- At least 2 black Sharpie markers (for name tags). If we are below 3 that work great, order another box from Amazon or buy them at Sam’s Club.
- iPhone Adapter for audio out on iPhone to stereo mini-plug so we can plug my iPhone into the speaker to play music from Spotify playlist as people arrive.
- Laser pointer and PowerPoint clicker to be able to advance the slides while presenting.
- Pair of wireless lapel microphones and wireless microphone base so we can get a better quality audio recording.
- 1/4 inch plug to USB cord to plug wireless microphone base into computer to record audio from presentation.
- Replacement AAA batteries for PowerPoint clicker. If we’re down to 2 or less, order more from Amazon or buy them at Sam’s Club.
- Replacement AA batteries for wireless microphones. If we’re down to 4 or less, order more from Amazon or buy them at Sam’s Club.
- At least 10 copies of “Nomad” book to give away to new attendees. If I am down to less than 20 “Nomad” books total, order 30 more from CreateSpace since it takes weeks to actually receive them.
- Sign in sheets for new members.
- Print out of Meetup Attendance Sheet for checking people in.
- If applicable: Handouts for that night’s class.
- If applicable: extra copies of this month’s Newsletter to give out to guests and non-clients not already receiving it.
- At least 20 copies of the Class Feedback Form to get feedback from members.
- At least 3 Pens to check people in.
- USB Flash Drive with PowerPoint presentation on it and space to be able to save the recording to it from the computer when I’m done.
- James’ Business Cards in case people want one.
- Bring iPhone with Spotify playlist for meetings pre-downloaded to be able to play music while people arrive. Can also use iPhone to make a backup audio recording in case the primary recording fails.
- Computer to present class with PowerPoint and Camtasia Studio installed and a power cord. If we’re meeting at the Fort Collins Board of Realtors, we have a computer there we can use already that has both PowerPoint and Camtasia Studio installed.
The following are improvements I plan to make to this page based on some of my Standard Process Improvement Questions.
- Convert this checklist to the dynamic checklist system that we can mark off and keep track of the results.
- Add photos of what my crate looks like and what is inside it each week (separate photos of each item).
- Show examples and PDF downloads of my forms like the sign in sheets, Meetup attendance sheet, class feedback from, etc.
- Sponsor Read "Facebook Ads for Real Estate Agent and Lender Sponsors"
Read the "Facebook Ads for Real Estate Agent and Lender Sponsors" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "100 Ways to Get a Nomad Client in the Next 12 Months"
Read the "100 Ways to Get a Nomad Client in the Next 12 Months" blog post on
FacebookFor Real Estate AgentsMarketingMeetupMeetup SetupSponsors
- Sponsor Read "Prepare for Investor Meeting Checklist"
Read the "Prepare for Investor Meeting Checklist" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "At Investor Meeting Checklist"
Read the "At Investor Meeting Checklist" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "Before for Real Estate Agents"
Read the "Before for Real Estate Agents" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "During for Real Estate Agents"
Read the "During for Real Estate Agents" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "After for Real Estate Agents"
Read the "After for Real Estate Agents" blog post on
- Sponsor Read "Lease Option Ad for Property Listed in MLS for Clients"
Read the "Lease Option Ad for Property Listed in MLS for Clients" blog post on
CraigsListFor LendersFor Real Estate AgentsLease-OptionMarketingSponsors
- Sponsor Read "Standard Process Improvement Questions"
Read the "Standard Process Improvement Questions" blog post on
If you have any questions about it, please use the comments section below.