Learn how to do marketing to find off-market deals to find creative financing and fixer upper properties as a real estate entrepreneur in this special class recording.
Listen to the audio of this for free on the real estate investing podcast.
Or, access the video recording and download the handouts by logging into your account.
Topics discussed include:
- How real estate investors find deals from The Millionaire Real Estate Investor book by Gary Keller et al
- Why Motivated Sellers? Creative Transactions and Fixer Upper Properties.
- Where are we in the Real Estate Investor Daily Checklist?
- 1-Step versus 2-Step Marketing
- The Importance of Being on the Right Side of the Desk
- Answering Service Questions and how to make an offer on the first call (to your answering service)
- How Much to Spend on Marketing Tests?
- Marketing Beliefs
- Sifting and Sorting to find the best deals
- Staying out of the Feast and Famine cycle
- Looking inside and outside the industry for the best marketing ideas
- Marketing Modeling Spreadsheet (download available)
- Target Profit
- Goals and Metrics
- Motivated Sellers for Lazy and Poor Folks
- Lazy Marketing Methods for those with more money than time to find deals
- Poor Marketing Methods for those with more time to invest in finding deals than money
- Dan Kennedy's 3 Ms of Marketing: Market, Message and Media
- Market and info of the best market to pursue
- Motivated Seller Marketing Headlines (the list)
- Alternative Marketing Headlines
- Market to Message Match
- The importance of making multiple contacts and following up
- Credibility Packet and Testimonials (including a downloadable sample so you can see one)
- Commit to Improve Your Response Rate In All Your Marketing
- Success Ratios: how much work to get a deal from a variety of sources
- Testing Versus Buying Tested Marketing
- Sample Elevator Speech
- Sample Real Estate Investor Business Card (including a special twist used for raising private money)
- Sample Bandit Signs
- Adapting to buying from motivated sellers in hot markets (what changes)
- Why direct mail? Pros and cons.
- Defining your farm area for direct mail.
- Mailing List Selection Criteria
- Mailing List Sources
- Mailing List Hygiene
- Direct Mail Marketing Messages (including a number of sample letters and postcards)
- Direct Mail Marketing Media to use to find deals
- What name should you use on your marketing?
- What phone numbers, website, email address and return mailing address should you use on your marketing?
- Mailing Services
- Plus much more
This was a live class recorded to help real estate entrepreneurs utilize a variety of marketing strategies to find off-market deals real estate deals including creative financing and fixer uppers.
- Sample Credibility Packet as PDF
- Off Market Deal Business Marketing Tracking Spreadsheet for Excel
Also included is access to our database of Real Estate Investing Strategies.
Duration: 1 hour and 51 minutes
Recorded: July 27, 2022
Instructor: James Orr