Which Doctor does your Doctor see for advice? What Dentist does your Dentist go to? What Real Estate Agent would another Real Estate Agent hire to help them buy or sell a property? And, what factors are important in the selection? That's what this class is all about.
James and Tammy found themselves in need of a real estate agent/broker in another, distant city... how do you select a real estate agent to use? What's important? What's not?
In this class you'll learn:
- What's the difference between real estate agents, brokers, Realtors, etc? And, should you even care?
- Who does what? What does the real estate agent even do when buying/selling a property and what do all the other dream team members do?
- The inside scoop: pros and cons of working with a single agent versus multiple agents.
- Understanding and negotiating real estate agent fees - understanding how agents CAN BE paid and how
- Learn how to get a "Porsche 911" real estate agent for the same price as a "Honda Civic" real estate agent
- The secret of working with the seller's agent as a buyer and why James would avoid this like he would a 747 flight to Hawaii full of wailing COVID positive patients without being able to even wear a mask
- Getting insider referrals to the real pros
- Cutting through the crap of professional designations... what's important and what's fluff not worth the paper its printed on
- Sales volume puffery and why every agent is #1 (and why that sucks for you)
- Reading between the lines of reviews and testimonials (aka sniffing out the BS from the Filet Mignon)
- Why cardiologists make more than plain ol' family docs and how this principle applies to real estate agents (specialization)
- Is it better hire a solo agent or a team?
- Agent/brokerage specific benefits and how to value them
- James' list of Real Estate Agent Interview Questions
- Plus much more
Duration: 1 hour and 48 minutes
Recorded: August 9, 2017
Instructor: James Orr