The Default Cash Account is a special Account in the Real Estate Financial Planner™ software.
Some fun facts:
- It can never be deleted. So, it always counts as one of your
Accountson your plan. This is true even though many people hope to never use it. More on that in a bit.
- It is automatically included with every Scenario you create and run.
- It always earns a return of 0%.
- It is the only Account that can have a negative balance.
- You can use it just like any other Account to add or subtract money from.
The Default Cash Account was designed to be the Account the system goes to when you run out of money in another Account.
This allows you to easily see how much money from outside the software that you'd need to add to make your model successful.
To learn more about Accounts, check out these additional help articles: