How has deal analysis changed since COVID-19? In this special deal analysis class you'll learn all about how to analyze deals in the wake of the COVID-19.
In this class you'll learn:
- A shorter COVID-19 Update
- How do buy-and-hold real estate investors, Nomads™ and house hackers make money - the four areas of return from the Return on Investment Quadrant™
- Terms and definitions of deal analysis
- An introduction to the new "simplified" spreadsheet
- Finding properties to buy
- Example property to analyze #1 - a new construction single-family home
- Why roll in seller concessions?
- Determining fair-market rents
- Income and expenses, rent sensitivity and cash-on-cash return on investment
- How a change in interest rates impacts your return on this deal
- Overall return on investment, yearly return on investment and return on equity
- A brief discussion on putting more down or buying down your interest rate
- A new discussion of capital expenses
- A new brief discussion on reserves post-coronavirus
- Analyzing the same property, but as a Nomad™
- Example property to analyze #2 - four-plex
- As-is cash-on-cash and return on investment versus pro-forma cash-on-cash and return on investment by raising rents to fair market rents and adding in utility billbacks
- What's a deal in today's, post-coronavirus market?
- A note on comparing returns?
- Some final miscellaneous thoughts on analyzing properties
Duration: 2 hours and 10 minutes
Recorded: June 3, 2020
Instructor: Brian Williams