Copy this new Scenario to your Real Estate Financial Planner™ software: Ten 5% Down Payment Nomads with Stocks
Start with $30,000 in savings. Buy 1 owner-occupant home to live in with 5% down payment. Live there for a year. Then buy a second Nomad property. Convert the first to a rental and live in the second one for a year. Repeat until you own 10 properties total. Earning $66,000 per year. That's $5,500 per month. Saving 20% of our $5,500 per month income (at the start). That means we're living on $4,400 per month (80% of $5,500 per month) and that's what our target monthly income in retirement will be: $4,400. We are assuming a safe withdrawal rate of 3.25%. Stocks are earning a fixed 8% per year return.
The Scenario you want to copy into your Real Estate Financial Planner™ software has the following:
- 2 Accounts
- 1 Properties
- 2 Rules
- 1 Goals
Once it is in your account, you can view detailed Charts for dozens of variables and edit any of the assumptions for Accounts, Properties, Rules and Goals to run your own what-if Scenarios.
You can change things like:
- Adjust how much money you start with in any Account
- Model variable stock, bond and real estate rates of returns
- Change how many Properties you buy and when you buy them
- Set your own personalized target monhtly income in retirement to indicate when you reach financial independence
- Model receiving social security payments when you reach a certain age
- See what happens if there is a market crash or correction for your stocks, bonds and/or your real estate
- Tweak price and rent appreciation rates for individual Properties or all your Properties
- Find out what happens if you pay off your mortgages early... with cash flow each month or only when you have enough to pay off the Property in full
- Model buying more Properties than you need then selling off any extras to pay off the remaining Properties to achieve your own user-defined financial independence number
- Evaluate your own safe withdrawal rate and see how it impacts your investment plan
- Add or modify Goals
- And much, much more...