These are the checklists related to Black Mold.
When you click on the task, you can also see the tags that task is filed under. You can also click on the tag to see other tasks with that tag.
- Complete the "Black Mold Remediation" checklist
Complete the "Black Mold Remediation" checklist:
- Seal Off the Area
If you find mold in the unit and suspect it may be Black Mold seal off the area and arrange to have the mold tested as quickly as possible.
Notify any tenants living there that there is mold, that the area has been sealed off, and that you are going to have it tested.
If your tenant discovers mold, visit the property to identify the location of the mold and ensure the area is sealed off and notify your tenants that you are going to arrange to have the mold tested.
- Get Quotes for Mold Testing
- Hire a Mold Testing Company
Once you have a few quotes hire a company to test the mold. You should consider cost, reputation, availability, and responsiveness.
If a company quoted low prices and seems really great but would not be able to complete the testing for 2 months you may want to factor that into your decision.
- Notify Tenants You're Having the Mold Tested
- Have the Mold Tested to Confirm if it is Black Mold
- Inform Tenants of Mold Test Results
- The Mold is not Black Mold
- Mold Remediation
If the presence of Black Mold is confirmed,
- Notify the tenants immediately
- Seal off the area and avoid further exposure until the mold can be professionally removed
- Hire a mold remediation company and have them complete the mold removal
- Notify the tenants once the mold remediation is complete
- Complete Home Repairs
Once the mold remediation is complete hire the necessary personnel or company to complete any repair to drywall, flooring, roofing, etc to bring the property back to the condition it was at before the issue.
Keep your tenants informed about the repairs you plan to have done throughout the restoration process and when you expect them to be finished.
- Notify the Tenants
- Check In with Tenants Afterwards
- Disclosure to Future Tenants