These are the checklists related to Property Search.
When you click on the task, you can also see the tags that task is filed under. You can also click on the tag to see other tasks with that tag.
- Complete "First Meeting: Receive Property Lists" checklist
- Class Watch "Finding Properties for Nomads" Recording of Live Class
- Discuss how MySite works
- Send investment criteria to your Real Estate Broker
Send the investment criteria you determined in a previous task to your Real Estate Broker so they can set up a search in the MLS to send you properties.
Mark this task complete once you have sent your criteria to your Real Estate Broker.
- Discuss ColoProperty.com
Discuss with James why you should use ColoProperty.com to check any properties you find on other websites before contacting James about them.
Websites like Zillow, Realtor, Trulia, Redfin, etc can have inaccurate or delayed data.
ColoProperty.com is the direct interface to our local MLS and so it is the most up-to-date website for checking property status, pricing, etc.
If you're going to use other websites, please check ColoProperty.com before emailing James about it to make sure the info from those other websites is correct.
- REAL ESTATE BROKER: Setup automatic property search emails
Have your Real Estate Broker set you up to receive automatic property search emails with properties that match your criteria.
Usually this means telling your Real Estate Broker:
- Cities you'd consider (or in some cases parts of specific cities)
- Attached, detached or both
- Minimum beds and bathrooms
- Price max (and maybe a price minimum)
- Garage requirements
- Any other requirements that Real Estate Broker can set up a search for
Mark this complete once your Real Estate Broker has started to send you automatic property search emails.
- Turn off automatic property search emails
Once you've closed on your property, you can safely turn off property search emails until you're ready to buy another property.
Ask your Real Estate Broker to pause the automatic property search emails for you until you're ready to start buying again.
Mark this task as complete when you've asked your Real Estate Broker to pause your property search emails.