These are the checklists related to Contract Deadline: Due Diligence Documents Delivery Deadline.
This deadline relates to you receiving all the requested Due Diligence documents negotiated in the "Contract to Buy and Sell Real Estate".
It is super common to not request any Due Diligence documents so we would often use "N/A" as the deadline. However, if we are asking for Due Diligence documents then we typically use "MEC + 7 Days" as the date for the Due Diligence Documents Delivery Deadline.
When you click on the task, you can also see the tags that task is filed under. You can also click on the tag to see other tasks with that tag.
- Complete "Due Diligence Documents Delivery Deadline" checklist
Complete the "Due Diligence Documents Delivery Deadline" checklist:
- IF NEGOTIATED IN CONTRACT: Review existing leases and related paperwork
If you're buying a property that has tenants in the property, you should review the current leases during the Due Diligence period.
This should include:
- Leases for all tenants
- Lead-Based Paint Disclosure (if built prior to 1978)
- Co-signor agreements (if applicable)
- Mold Disclosure (if applicable)
- Move-In Inspection
- Occupancy Limits Disclosure (required in Fort Collins)
- Tenant Estoppel Statements
If you have an objection (or want to terminate based on what you find in the leases) you'd need to object by the Due Diligence Objection Deadline.
Mark this task done once you've reviewed the existing leases and related paperwork.