What Is Real Estate Financial Planner™?
The Real Estate Financial Planner™ software allows you to model personal investment strategies that include:
- Stocks and/or bonds
- Retirement accounts including IRAs and 401(k) plans
- Single-family homes, duplexes, triplexes, and four-plex rental properties
- Apartments and other residential multi-family properties
- Commercial and industrial real estate investments
- Job income (including income from house hacking and side hustles)
- Personal expenses (while you’re working and in retirement)
- Social security
Get Started With a Free Account
How to Use Real Estate Financial Planner™
The Real Estate Financial Planner™ (REFP) software also allows you to “program” your specific investing strategy and see how it might perform. It answers questions like:
- If I buy X rental properties and invest Y in the stock market, when will I have enough to retire?
- Should I pay off my properties early?
- Should I cash out refi equity in my properties to buy more properties?
- Should I buy in my local real estate market or another real estate market?
- How much faster can I retire if I… Save more? Get a side hustle? Buy another property? Invest in stocks instead of bonds?
- How much riskier is one investing strategy over another?
- Am I more likely to be success with one strategy over another?
- Should I put more or less down when I buy property?
The Real Estate Financial Planner™ software allows you to see and compare Charts from one or more Scenarios, including examples such as:
- Cash Flow
- True Cash Flow™
- Months of Reserves
- Total Cash Flow with Depreciation
- Total Cash Flow
- Total Cap Rate if Sold
More posts: Scenario Charts
Instead of seeing the summary or comparing an entire Scenario, you also have the option to drill down and look at each Account. Here are some of the Charts available for each Account:
- Yearly Rate of Return
- Total Return This Month
- Total Account Balance Before Return This Month
- Net Cumulative Deposits
- Cumulative Returns and Deposits
- Cumulative Returns
More posts: Account Charts
Use REFP to see every detail of each Property that you own in the Scenario:
More posts: Property Charts
Evaluation and Comparison
You can also evaluate and compare how each Scenario is performing toward achieving a variety of goals, such as net worth, cash flow, or sufficient assets to reach your target income for retiring (with safe withdrawal rate from Accounts and cash flow from Properties).
Easily make copies of a Scenario and modify one thing (such as buying an extra property, paying down mortgages, cash out refi to buy more properties, etc). Compare the old Scenario to the new Scenario and see how it performs comparatively.
The Perfect Real Estate Investing Tool
Historically, most financial advisers have focused on stocks, bonds, annuities, insurance, social security, and cash flow planning. The Real Estate Financial Planner™ software is the missing piece — the answer that real estate investors have been searching for when meeting with most financial advisers.
Real estate investors can learn how to use the software themselves and model their own investment strategies. Or, professionals like real estate agents, lenders, accountants, CPAs, estate planning attorneys, and financial advisers and planners can now offer real estate financial planning services by using the software on behalf of their clients.
Our software can handle many, many scenarios. To make the most of your account, reference our support page to learn more about how to use REFP. Do you want to know if the software can answer your specific investing question? Contact James Orr today.